…say goodbye to Stress on the Indulgent Island of Gran Canaria
In need of some peaceful time-out and want to escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life? With Stress Awareness Month in April, what better time to revive your body and spirits and keep stress in check! Whisk yourself away to one of Gran Canaria’s luxury spa resorts and enjoy a relaxing spa-cation like no other!
Only a four hour flight away, the sultry Spanish island of , enjoys a microclimate averaging 24 degrees all year round and boasts some of the best spas in Europe, with affordable prices. So, anyone looking for a stress-busting getaway to leave them glowing with good health and looking radiant will find all they need and more in Gran Canaria’s luxury spa resorts. The Gran Canaria Spa, Wellness & Health Association can offer tailor-made packages to ensure that your getaway is the stress-free bliss that dreams are made of… Why not try one of these indulgent spa packages and say goodbye to stress (literally)… The Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort & Spa ***** Good Bye Stress package, Prices starting at £302.26 per person and stay Say goodbye to stress, relax and leave the tranquil Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort & Spa feeling and looking refreshed and rejuvenated. The package includes:
- A reviving full body massage
- 1.5 hours of Yoga – Pilates
- Romantic Dinner under the stars
- Two nights stay in a Double Deluxe Room, including breakfast
Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa **** Spa Inagua Cordial Anti-Stress Treatment, RRP £108.81 per person for 90 minutes A deep therapy that balances body, mind and spirit, the Cordial Anti-Stress Treatment is a program of total relaxation. Combining a pressure essence wrap, a complete body rejuvenating massage and a head massage the Anti-Stress spa package reinforces and stimulates the body´s natural defences, helping to reduce tension. What are you waiting for? Let yourself be wrapped in a world of aromas and deep relaxation! In honour of Stress Awareness Month, here are top FIVE easy to follow stress-busting techniques:
- Be active: Exercise won’t make your stress disappear, but it will reduce some of the emotional intensity that you’re feeling, clearing your thoughts and enabling you to deal with your problems more calmly!
- Take control: There’s a solution to any problem. The feeling of loss of control is one of the main causes of stress and lack of wellbeing. The act of taking control is in itself empowering, and it’s a crucial part of finding a solution that satisfies you and not someone else
- Connect with people: A problem shared is a problem halved. A good support network of colleagues, friends and family can ease your work troubles and help you see things in a different way
- Have some ‘me time’: The UK workforce works the longest hours in Europe. The extra hours in the workplace mean that people aren’t spending enough time doing things that they really enjoy. Set aside a couple of nights a week for some quality “me time” away from work
- Work smarter, not harder: Good time management means quality work rather than quantity. Our long-hours culture is a well-known cause of workplace illness. Working smarter means prioritising your work, concentrating on the tasks that will make a real difference to your work. Leave the least important tasks to last
For more information on Gran Canaria: www.grancanariawellness.com | @gcwellness
The Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort & Spa ***** This 5* hotel is built into the side of a mountain with a cutting edge Aloe Spa offering treatments of pure aloe straight from the plant. There is also a mountain top infinity pool with stunning views and unparalleled tranquility. A-list celebrities including Jennifer Lopez love this serene hideaway. Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa ****Spa Inagua Located in Puerto de Mogán a local fishing village known to its visitors as Little Venice. Only a few meters from the beach and its picturesque marina is where you will find the Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa. The service at the Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa is personal and exclusive allowing you to be pampered and spoilt, enabling you to disconnect from the rest of the world.