- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 16 sage leaves
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and place 2 sage leaves on each chicken breast half. Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place chicken pieces in baking dish. Bake until chicken is cooked through and interior registers 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Skim fat from juices in baking dish and pour them into a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and whisk in flour until a paste forms, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk any juices that have accumulated on platter into sauce. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Amount per serving
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 502mg